Originally a women’s community, based on it created the monastery. After the revolution of 1917 the monastery was closed and destroyed. Currently remained only the remains of the Cathedral Church of a monastery which was once kept part of the relics of St. Tikhon of Zadonsk, his secret icon of the Crucifixion and his handwritten letter.
Near the Church stands the chapel of St. Tikhon of Zadonsk.
St. Tikhon of Zadonsk had a gift of insight and miracles, read thoughts of the interlocutors, it is revered as a great teacher of monasticism. In 1861 he was canonized. Tikhon of Zadonsk (memorial day 26 August, new style) is considered a helper in search of work.