Iversky Valdai monastery from the 17th century took a special place among the monasteries in Russia. First, it was especially revered list of the Iberian icon of the mother of God (patron Saint of Moscow); second, the monastery became a center for the production of high quality tiles, famous for exquisite carvings on wood and stone; thirdly, the will of Archbishop Nikon, it opened the first in Russian province printing house (Patriarch Nikon eventually transferred her to Moscow); in the fourth, he was famous for exemplary spiritual and religious life. At the Iveron monastery was erected and a very ornate, famous for the highest level of Church wealth all five temples. In the assumption Cathedral was the wonder-working icon of the Iberian mother of God, in a silver reliquary rested openly the power of Iakov Borovichsky, was in a silver ark of the relics of the saints 48, hung portraits of Patriarch Nikon and Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich Romanov. Sacristy had exceptional wealth. But in 1920 the monastery was closed, in the monastery walls opened the prison during the great Patriotic war it housed a hospital, in the postwar period, one after another it worked, Invalides, forest school for children. Tuberculosis patients, the sanatorium and rest home. In 1991, the Valday Iversky monastery was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church and began the restoration of its former greatness.
Destination: Valday Iversky Holy Ozersky mother of God monastery.
Distance from the recreation center: 31 km.
Transport: the car.
The cost of a taxi: 1 machine (up to 4 persons) — 1000 rubles. *
* Tickets to visit the Museum and tour program in the Museum (guide) are paid separately.